Thursday 9 October 2008

Spiders!!!!

After the last blog post i received lots of feedback about spiders, theres loads of you out there like me apparently that aren't too keen. I thought i would share with you some of the pictures posted on the forum at www.herpuniverse.com
these are some of our members spiders, and it has shown me (and hopefully you too) that not all spiders are icky black EWwwwy things . The first one in the picture above is a Avicularia versicolor, picture thanks to and © Steph Cooper

The picture below, is slightly more like the image that springs to mind when you think tarantula, its a
Brachypelma vagans aka red rump picture thanks to and ©Gareth Pritchard
















This last picture has to be my favourite, and the picture that first convinced me that spiders can be beautiful, its A. purpurea picture thanks to and ©Monsterspinnen.de


I'm still not 100% convinced i could ever own one but at least now i am starting to see them in a different light and can appreciate their beauty, and hopefully you guys can too.
H xx

23 comments:

anushka said...

nice.kindly see my spider net.

Regina Avalos said...

Ugh. Spiders are creepy.

capybara said...

Lovely pictures, so nice and hairy I love spiders. This time of the year in the Uk there are webs all over our garden and they look lovely in the morning dew.

Anonymous said...

Spiders are okay far away from me.... I even took a picture of one this week... posted on my walk about post.... it is outside... away from me.... lol

Anonymous said...

*gasp*
they
are
beautiful... as you .. say..

Anonymous said...

spiders still creep me out. :)

Anonymous said...

Uhhh... nope! I couldn't even read about the creepy crawlies, never mind look at the pictures...

Anonymous said...

They are quite beautiful in color even though I am not a fan of spiders.

Anonymous said...

I'm still scared to death of them!

Breezie said...

I can watch a spider spin their web for hours, but I am not overly fond of the bigger spiders and would never want one in my house as a pet, so I am happy that my son never really found them to be very fascinating either.

Owen Cutajar said...

Hmm .. Spiders make me a bit squeemish, but I can usually handle them. They do freak my wife out though

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I can feel my heart going up into my throat. I think it is beautiful and glad it is a picture.

Anonymous said...

Granted I understand the importance of spiders, but a long time ago I knew someone who had a pet hairy little beast in an aquarium. Every time that thing moved it freaked me out. To each his own :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I think some of these people need to know that there's always at least 3 spiders within one meter of you. Can't get away from them.

Anonymous said...

Spiders certainly have their unique beauty - like all the living creatures - which doesn't mean I plan to have one as a pet.

Anonymous said...

I hate spiders I hate spiders I hate spiders...

Anonymous said...

Pictures of spiders are fine for me.

Anonymous said...

The purple one is so cute! Not to touch cute, but to see cute :)

Windyridge said...

The purple one looks like it's covered in velvet. Very royal!

Anonymous said...

Jumped a mile when the page loaded LOL! Yikes spider, BIG spiders!

Anonymous said...

nice pictures, but creepy spiders!

Super Mum said...

I HATE spiders !!!

Sadie said...

ok - GROSS. I am TERRIFIED of these things.

 
ss_blog_claim=57f49a8c33266a6e6eae56d042525dc9 ss_blog_claim=57f49a8c33266a6e6eae56d042525dc9